To care for the Niskayuna Reformed Church family with compassion when there is a need. Just as Jesus loved His disciples, we are to love one another in His holy name. Our journey of faith is expressed in each act of loving care.
- Maintaining an updated Visitation List of the elderly, homebound and those in care facilities
- A Volunteer Directory maintained by Administrator to provide meals and rides
- Communion for shut-ins, elderly and those in care facility residents
- Cards mailed to members of the congregation during times of illness and grief, or a new birth
- A prayer chain
- Respite care for caregivers
- Weekly Sunday sermons provided on the website
- Valentine’s cookies and cards delivered to those on the Visitation List
- Thanksgiving Day pot luck dinner
- Christmas caroling at care facilities
- Holiday gift bag/card delivery to those on the Visitation List
- Day retreats for men and women.
Anyone interested in participating in the Congregational Care Committee is welcome to join us. Meetings are called on an as needed basis and are held at 7:00 pm on Tuesdays. We welcome your ideas and assistance.
Consistory Co-Chair: Richard Mizenko
Non-Consistory Co-Chair: Barbara Valenti