Music is an integral part of worship in all cultures throughout time. Therefore, it is our objective that those involved in the NRC music ministries communicate the joy of worship and the power of God‘s word through the inspirational beauty of all styles of music to meet the diversified needs of our church community through piano and organ, choirs, bell and chime choirs, vocal and instrumental groups to serve as message communicators.
General Areas of Responsibility
Rehearsing and performing by Senior Choir, Children’s Choirs and Bell Choirs.
Music Director and Organist are responsible for all liturgical music, (prelude, offertory, postlude, responses, hymns); planning, arranging and assisting all choirs and ensembles.
- Conduct rehearsals for Senior Choir, Cherub Choir and Eendracht Bell Choir
- Senior Choir provides music for most services
- Special music is provided by Eendracht Bell Choir (four times per year), Chime Choir, Children’s Choir[s]) , and special groups (periodically)
- Provide music for special services, Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Family Service (Children‘s Choir) and Christmas Eve Service, Maundy Thursday , Easter Services and Children‘s Day program (Children‘s Choirs)
- Perform a major musical selection
- Arrange for summer music
- Clean choir robes
- Maintain copyright license
- Propose/adhere to music budget
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Maintain music files
- Schedule and govern compensation for soloists/instrumental contributions to the worship service