The Niskayuna Reformed Church Sunday School is in session each Sunday from 9:45 AM to 10:30 AM, during the 9:30 AM Worship Service (except for holidays or school recess times), Children ages 3 through High School attend Worship in the Sanctuary with their families beginning at 9:30 AM and are dismissed after the Junior Sermon to go to their classrooms.
We use the Dwell Sunday School Curriculum from Faith Alive Resources as a basis for our lessons each week.
The Childcare Room for infants and children up to age 2 is normally open as of 9:00 AM but is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Childcare: Infant – Age 2
- Pre-School: Ages 3/4
- Kindergarten/Grade 1
- Grades 2/3
- Grades 4/5
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
The Sunday School year is divided into three Sunday School Sessions, as follows:
- Fall Semester (September – November)
- Winter Semester (December – February)
- Spring Semester (March – mid-June)
- Summer Sessions are offered during a 5-week period beginning in the 2nd week of July.
Special activities include:
- Communion Workshop for children in grade 2 and up
- Children’s Communion during Sunday School on the first Sunday of every month for those children who have completed the first communion workshop. High School students remain in church to take communion with the congregation.
- Thanksgiving activity
- Advent Wreath making
- Christmas cards for our elderly and shut-in members
- Christmas Eve Children’s program during the 5:00 pm Family Service on Christmas Eve
- Valentine making for our elderly and shut-in members
- Confirmation Class (Grade 9 or above)
- Easter cards for our elderly and shut-in members
- Mother’s Day activity
- Children’s Day Service to celebrate the end of the Sunday School year followed by a congregation-wide Ice Cream Social
The Niskayuna Reformed Church operates all children’s programs under the Child Protection Policy. All adults who work with children and youth are trained annually according to the Niskayuna Reformed Church Child Protection Policy.
For more information about this policy, or for any other information about our Sunday School program, please contact the Church Office @ 518-785-5575 or email@example.com; or the Director of Christian Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enroll your child in Sunday School, you may use the on-line enrollment form, or request the form from the Church Office or any of the Sunday School teachers.